Good Afternoon NWOi3 Writers:
We are excited to get "YEAR THREE" officially under way with Boot Camp 2016! As a group of eight district leaders, we are anxious to see what this year will bring as we collectively bring all possible resources together to complete our digital curriculum.
As we have last year, on behalf of all of the project managers and partners, I will be serving as the communications hub for the project. In this way, we will be certain that consistent messages are being sent to all writers and confusion (hopefully) will be avoided. I will be doing my best to keep these "group communications" to a minimum and will try to avoid verbosity. In that vein, I will bullet important points and attach all necessary documents. Jason will be archiving these communications on the NWOi3 website for future reference. And so.... we commence:
1. WRITERS: Welcome back to returning writers and to 8 new writers. We now are writing for 16 courses and have 63 writers! Here is the complete list of participants:
2. May Work days were EXTREMELY important and productive. Please remember to use these documents as companion pieces as you continue to revise and write your units. The Standards Alignment Tool and Checklist will be referenced throughout Boot Camp with work continuing on each as the Open Lab time is utilized. These documents are specific to each course and will NOT be attached here.
3. CONNECT CONFERENCE: Returning writers are encouraged, but not required to attend. This event will take place email@example.com Anthony Wayne High School beginning at . If you have not registered but would still like to attend, contact
3. BOOT CAMP: The document attached here will help you navigate the week. Please note that this continues to be a working/evolving document as Project Managers gauge the needs of writers and react to daily progress and feedback. The ""Team Meetings" forafternoon/ continue to be set- please use this document to help with your planning. These were explained during May work days and will explained again during Boot Camp.
4. ASHLAND CREDIT: Three credit hours will again be offered at a cost of $525. I will have registration materials at Boot Camp next week. The last date to sign up is. Attached are directions for enrolling and the Syllabus:
5. TIME SHEETS: As has been true since the project began, we need each writer to complete the attached time sheet. Please copy this document before using.
6. OPEN LAB SCHEDULE: Please continue to work as a group to find common time for collaborative writing during Open Labs. The times with CAES/Rachel are clearly marked and dates have been assigned for the majority of the teams. If your team is NOT assigned a date/time please work with Suzy to make this happen asap.
This is enough for right now- We are truly excited to begin our Year Three (Year Two for middle grades) work and look forward to seeing you next week. As always, please let me know if you have questions or concerns-